REPSG is seeking an experienced full-time Field Technician. This professional will support Project Managers in the performing of field investigations of contaminated soil and groundwater sites. The position requires numerous manual labor tasks and lifting. Field technicians perform a variety of environmental sampling, provide project oversight, and aid in the daily coordination and execution of projects. This position requires someone who has the ability to meet or exceed these expectations and can be comfortable working in a fast paced environment and being on their feet the entire day. Critical thinking and timely problem solving skills are a must. The tasks assigned may vary on a daily basis, which requires someone who can be flexible in performing a variety of general labor duties in order to meet business needs.
We offer excellent benefits and a profit-sharing program that rewards for performance and results. Our comprehensive benefits program includes: medical, dental, vision, prescriptions, 401k, and more. REPSG is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that strongly values diversity. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D
- Perform groundwater-sampling duties at project locations primarily located in PA, NJ, MD, and DE
- Perform vapor investigations at interior and exterior locations
- Oversee well installation and complete well development activities
- Oversee soil boring and test pit advancement during subsurface investigations
- Oversee non-invasive geophysical investigations
- Records detailed field notes to the specific task performed at each site location
- Handles general warehouse and maintenance duties
- May conduct repair of pumps and blowers
- Maintain equipment calibration logs
- Implement REPSG engineering, construction, and O&M policies and procedures
- Adheres to REPSG Health & Safety Standards in all field- and shop-related activities
- Performs other related duties assigned
- Manage equipment inventory and place orders with vendors
- A High School diploma or equivalent.
- Mechanical aptitude is required. Experience working with power tools, hand tools, excavating equipment, and active construction projects is a bonus.
- 1+ years of related fieldwork and/or groundwater sampling experience is highly preferred.
- Understanding that over 75% of time spent will be in the field.
- Candidate must have or be able to successfully obtain OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER certification as well as pass a federal background check for the Transportation Worker Identification Card. Current OSHA 40-hour certification is a plus.
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States without requiring the company to sponsor a visa.
- Job location is in Southwest Philadelphia, PA
Skills & Requirements
Competitive with excellent benefits
Find Out More
Have questions about this job? Want to know more about what it takes to be part of the REPSG team? Post your resume here, and we’ll contact you if there’s a match between what you do and what we need.