Mr. Collings is an environmental professional in REPSG’s General
Remediation Department. He is in charge of compliance with waste management regulations, including characterization, profiling, transportation and disposal of waste streams. His is the primary vendor contact for waste treatment, transportation and disposal subcontractors and is responsible to perform facility audits and compliance evaluations to insure that a top-quality vendor network is maintained. He serves as on-site project/site supervisor for remediation projects in addition to waste removal efforts, including storage tank management, construction and earthwork safety monitoring and on-site waste treatment.
An environmental professional since 2000, Mr. Collings has been offering our clients his expertise since he joined REPSG in 2001. He has sampled and profiled for disposal an array of environmentally contaminated waste streams including: residual, hazardous and non-hazardous soil; TSCA-regulated waste; di-electric and cooling fluids; biohazard and pharmaceutical waste; surface water and groundwater; building materials (asbestos, lead and mold) and air. His experience prior to REPSG included a lab-pack chemist and disposal manager for an environmental remediation and emergency response company.
Mr. Collings has put his background and expertise to use at REPSG, participating in bid walk-throughs and project scoping/estimating for million-dollar plus remediation and redevelopment projects. He most recently has been given the role of on-site supervisor for some of REPSG’s most high profile and complex projects. Mr. Collings has participated in over 100 tank removals, and has coordinated disposals of a range of contaminated media to facilities all over the east coast.
Education, Certifications & Specialized Training
- The Pennsylvania State University (University Park), B.S., Environmental and Renewable Resource Economics (2000)
- PA Department of Environmental Protection Certified Tank Installer/Inspector
- NJ “Regulatory Training in Underground Storage Tanks”, Cooks College
- OSHA 40-hour “HAZWOPER” training, current 8-hour refresher
- OSHA 8-hour supervisor training
- OSHA Confined Space Training
- DOT Hazardous Materials & Waste Management Compliance Seminar
- CPR training
- CSX, Norfolk Southern and Conrail on-track worker safety training
- Asbestos supervisor training
- Operations supervision of the remediation at a former scrap yard in the North American Enterprise Zone of Philadelphia. Managed site work including segregation, re-location and placement of lead and PCB hazardous soils, debris and solid wastes.
- Operations Supervision of remediation activities prior to major commercial and residential redevelopment project at a former landmark brewery in Philadelphia. Designed and implemented the remediation of petroleum contaminated soils and groundwater. The contamination was located just above the water table requiring the implementation of a multi-point, flow-rate specific, dewatering system. Mr. Collings was responsible for overseeing all operations including excavation, staging and loading of all petroleum impacted materials.
- Project Manager of a transformer substation decommissioning at a residential high rise redevelopment project in Philadelphia. Mr. Collings coordinated the removal of all electrical equipment including PCB contaminated switch gears, pots, transformers, and oil. The project required a hole to be cut in the side of the building and sub-floor to facilitate the removal of the large transformers.