Mrs. Szymelewicz is a project manager in REPSG’s Phase I and II Due Diligence Environmental Assessment Division. This group combines historical research, interviews, site reconnaissance, site investigation, reporting, and regulatory guidance to ensure our clients have a complete understanding of liabilities associated with real estate, as well as direction to eliminate and manage these liabilities. She has specific leadership and experience conducting due diligence and regulatory assessments within the telecommunications industry.
Mrs. Szymelewicz has been with REPSG since 2002. She has managed Phase I Environmental Site Assessments, emergency response management, estimating, National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) assessments, State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO) submittals, wetlands delineations and historic records searches in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware and Maryland.
Education, Certifications & Specialized Training
- B.S. Marine Science with a concentration in Marine Biology, The Richard Stockton College of New Jersey
- Wetlands Delineation Certification, Rutgers University
- Qualified as an “Environmental Professional” under the USEPA’s All Appropriate Inquires regulations (40 CFR Part 312)
- OSHA “HAZWOPER” 40-hour training and 8-hour refresher
- Medic First Aid-CPR, first aid and emergency care
- Certified Open Water Scuba Diver-NAUI
- Completed numerous Phase I Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs) at a broad range of commercial real estate sites, including industrial facilities, proposed cellular communications antenna tower sites, medical office complexes, oil terminals and former gasoline stations.
- Completed environmental assessments to fulfill requirements of the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and the Coastal Area Facility Review Act (CAFRA), including field surveys for the presence of endangered species.
- Completed Phase II Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs), including supervision of regulated/unregulated storage tanks investigations and removals, groundwater investigations, geoprobe and ground penetrating radar (GPR) investigations and ground water well installations.
- On-site supervision of excavation, transportation and disposal of contaminated soil for construction companies and private clients.
- Planning and performance of soil sampling for full range of organic and inorganic contaminants.
- Planned and executed groundwater sampling events in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Methodology included low-flow and standard purge methods.